This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
- Dr Jerome Rachele
- Discipline *
- Public Health and Health Services
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
PhD (Queensland University of Technology), Bachelors Honours (Queensland University of Technology)
- Professional memberships
NHMRC Centre for Research Excellence in Healthy, Liveable and Equitable Communities
National Wellness Institute of Australia (management committee, research liaison officer)
Physical activity, Social determinants of health, Health inequalities, Public health, Physical activity measurement, Preventative health, Chronic diseases, Environmental epidemiology, Epidemiology, Health behaviour
Jerome Rachele is a Poctdoctoral Research Fellow in the School of Public Health and Social Work, Queensland University of Technology and the NHMRC Centre for Research Excellence in Healthy, Liveable and Equitable Communities. His research centres around investigating causal relationships between built environment and health and wellbeing outcomes using data from longitudinal studies and natural experiments.
- Rachele JN, Cuddihy TF, Washington TL, McPhail S, (2014) The association between adolescent self-reported physical activity and wellness: The missing piece for youth wellness programs, Journal of Adolescent Health p281-286
- Rachele JN, Cuddihy TF, Washington TL, McPhail S, (2014) Reliability of a wellness inventory for use among adolescent females aged 12-14 years, BMC Women's Health p1-10
- Rachele JN, Heesch KC, Washington TL, (2014) Wellness programs at firefighter and police workplaces: A systematic review, Health Behavior and Policy Review p302-313
- Barwais F, Cuddihy TF, Rachele JN, Washington TL, (2013) ActiGraph GT3X determined variations in 'free-living' standing, lying and sitting duration among sedentary adults, Journal of Sport and Health Science p249-256
- Rachele JN, Cuddihy TF, Washington TL, McPhail S, (2013) Averting uncertainty: A practical guide to physical activity research in Australian schools, Australian Journal of Teacher Education p76-92
- Walsh KM, Berthelsen D, Nicholson J, Brandon L, Stevens J, Rachele JN, (2013) Child sexual abuse prevention education: A review of school policy and curriculum provision in Australia, Oxford Review of Education p649-680
- Rachele JN, Cuddihy TF, Washington TL, McPhail S, (2013) Reliability of the five factor wellness inventory among male adolescents, The Journal of Individual Psychology: the journal of Adlerian theory, research and practice p118-132
- Rachele JN, Washington TL, Cockshaw WD, Brymer E, (2013) Towards an operational understanding of wellness, Journal of Spirituality, Leadership and Management p3-12
- Rachele JN, Washington TL, Cuddihy TF, Barwais F, McPhail S, (2013) Valid and reliable assessment of wellness among adolescents: Do you know what you're measuring?, International Journal of Wellbeing p162-172
- Rachele J, McPhail S, Washington T, Cuddihy T, (2012) Practical physical activity measurement in youth: a review of contemporary approaches, World Journal of Pediatrics p207-216
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.