- Associate Professor Peter O'Connor
- Associate Professor
QUT Business School,
- Discipline *
- Business and Management
- +61 7 3138 2652
- +61 7 3138 1313
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
PhD (University of Queensland)
Peter O’Connor received his PhD in Organisational Psychology from The University of Queensland in 2007 and is a registered psychologist in Queensland.
Prior to commencing his position at QUT in January 2010, Peter worked in Sydney for two years at the University of Notre Dame Australia.
He is involved on in a number of professional projects and consults in the areas of:
- personality development
- organisational change
- the study of human personality, particularly in the context of work
Peter’s research has focused on the biological basis of personality and learning styles, and how this can be used to predict leadership and job performance.
Peter has presented at a number of domestic and international research conferences, and has published several articles in top international personality journals including:
- Journal of Personality
- European Journal of Psychological Assessment
- Journal of Individual Differences.
Peter is currently co-authoring an academic book focusing on personality theory in the workplace.
- Organisational Behaviour
- Organisational Research Methods
- Research Methods for Business
- Learning in Business
- Performance and Reward
- Professional Practice for Behavioural Scientists
- Social Psychology and Psychology and Culture.
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.