- Associate Professor Martin Obschonka
- Associate Professor in Entrepreneurship
QUT Business School,
- Discipline *
- Business and Management
- +61 7 3138 5319
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
PhD (Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena)
- Professional memberships
Australian Centre for Entrepreneurship Research (ACE)
* Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Martin Obschonka is a psychologist working in the research fields vocational development, personality science, economic culture, social and economic change, and applied psychology.
- He is currently Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship in the QUT Business School (School of Management, Australian Centre for Entrepreneurship Research).
- He is Associate Editor of Small Business Economics and International Journal of Psychology.
- After completing an advanced vocational training as a wholesale and foreign trade manager in Germany, Martin earned a diploma in psychology (highest honors) from the University of Hamburg, Germany, and a PhD (highest honors) and a habilitation in psychology from the University of Jena, Germany. He was a postdoctoral fellow of the Pathways International Postdoc Programme, funded by the Jacobs Foundation. Until recently, he was Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Psychology at Saarland University, Germany. He was a member of the “SaarLorLux Greater Region Consortium for Entrepreneurship and Innovation”.
- His research involves projects on entrepreneurial development over the lifespan, entrepreneurial regions and culture, public policy, human capital, personality, organisational behaviour, well-being and stress, and social and economic change. He has an interest in interdisciplinary projects, cross-cultural perspectives, innovative data and data collection methods, and also in the practical application of new scientific knowledge.
- He has published his research in psychology journals (e.g., Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Journal of Personality, European Journal of Personality, Journal of Vocational Behavior, European Psychologist), entrepreneurship journals (e.g., Journal of Business Venturing, Small Business Economics), economics journals (e.g., European Economic Review, Industrial and Corporate Change), and interdisciplinary journals (e.g., PLOS ONE).
- He works as Associate Editor of Small Business Economics and International Journal of Psychology.
- He worked in regional capacity building projects for the International Union of Psychological Science (IUPsyS) and was a member of the Standing Committee for Publication and Communication (SCPC) of IUPsyS.
- He is chair of the Research & Development Committee of the School of Management, QUT.
- His research received international media attention, with Altmetric attention scores for his first-authored studies currently ranking in the top 20 of four journals (European Journal of Personality, Journal of Vocational Behavior, Small Business Economics and Journal of Business Venturing Insights) and with a Nr. 1 Altmetric score of all studies published in major entrepreneurship journals.
- Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=bIIIpuMAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao
- ResearchGate Profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Martin_Obschonka
This information has been contributed by Associate Professor Martin Obschonka.
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.