- Associate Professor Judith McNamara
- Head, School of Law
Faculty of Law,
- Discipline *
- +61 7 3138 1255
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
Master of Laws (Queensland University of Technology)
Judith McNamara is the Assistant Dean, Learning and Teaching in the Faculty of Law. Judith joined the QUT School of Law in a full-time position as an Associate Lecturer in January 2006 after a rewarding career in both private practice working in large city practices and regional general practice. Judith graduated from the University of Queensland with a Bachelor of Economics in 1988 and a Bachelor of Laws (hons) in 1990. She attained her Master of Laws from the Queensland University of Technology in 2004.
Judith was appointed as the Assistant Dean, Learning and Teaching in 2012 and is the leader of the Law and Justice Higher Education Research Network. She has published extensively in legal education and her key areas of interest in the scholarship of teaching are final year experience, reflective practice and work integrated learning. In particular, Judith has expertise in curriculum design, including learning and teaching pedagogies relevant to ensuring students are prepared for legal practice. Judith was a member of the OLT funded Curriculum Renewal in Legal Education Project team was which set out to renew the final year curriculum of legal education.
She has recently been involved in the development of a new legal clinic unit for law students in which students undertake community engagement learning including live client clinics and community projects. Judith is also a member of the management committee of the Queensland Public Interest Law Clearing House.
Prior to her appointment as Assistant Dean (Learning and Teaching) Judith taught in a number of subjects in the Law School including:
- McNamara J, (2013) The challenge of assessing professional competence in work integrated learning, Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education p183-197
- Kift SM, Butler DA, Field RM, McNamara J, Brown C, Treloar CM, (2013) Curriculum renewal in legal education: Final Report 2013, http://www.olt.gov.au/system/files/resources/PP9-1374_Kift_Report_2013_1.pdf p1-143
- Yule JM, McNamara J, Thomas M, (2012) Reality bytes: Using technology in mooting, Queensland University of Technology Law and Justice Journal p89-104
- Armstrong S, McNamara J, (2011) Transition pedagogy in first and final year law programs, Excellence and Innovation in Legal Education p207-238
- McNamara J, (2009) A collaborative model for learning and assessment of legal placement, Proceedings of the 16th World Conference on Cooperative Education and World Integrated Learning p1-7
- McNamara J, Cradduck LM, (2008) Can We Protect How We Do What We Do? A Consideration of Business Methods Patents in Australia and Europe, International Journal of Law and Information Technology p96-124
- Christensen SA, McNamara J, O'Shea KL, (2007) Legal and Contracting Issues in Electronic Project Administration in the Construction Industry, Structural Survey p191-203
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.