- Professor Brett Martin
- Professor of Marketing
QUT Business School,
Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations
- Discipline *
- +61 7 3138 7739
- +61 7 3138 1811
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
PhD (University of Otago), MCom (hons) (University of Auckland), BCom (senior scholar) (University of Auckland)
Advertising, Consumer behaviour, Marketing communications
- Consumer research especially the study of individual differences such as personality traits
- Tourism research
- Advertising research
Professor Martin is interested in supervising Ph.D. students. Examples of areas he is interested in supervising include the following.
- How do social influences in shopping like other customers change shopper behaviour?
- How do consumers use their senses such as touch to make judgements about products?
- How can psychology be used to understand how people use the Internet?
- How can marketers improve their understanding of branding?
- How do tourists evaluate destinations?
If you are interested in completing a Ph.D., are interested in publishing your research and want to join a vibrant research culture, please contact him at email@example.com.
Emails should include (1) a brief proposal and (2) an academic transcript of grades.
- 2010: University of Otago Annual Best Marketing Article Award
- 2005: University of Auckland Business School Annual Research Excellence Award
- 1997: Best Conference Paper Award, Australia New Zealand Marketing Educators Conference, Monash University.
- Consumer behaviour
- Marketing communications
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.