- Professor Allan Luke
Faculty of Education,
Faculty Office - Education
- Discipline *
- Curriculum and Pedagogy
- +61 434 734 647
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
PhD (Simon Fraser University)
- Professional memberships
- Australian Association for Research in Education,
- American Educational Research Association,
- John Dewey Society,
- International Sociology Association,
- International Reading Association
Allan Luke is currently developing new research projects in
- early literacy
- accountability and assessmen
- comparative pedagogies.
He is co-editor of
- Teaching Education (Routledge)
- Review of Research in Education (American Educational Research Association)
- Asia Pacific Journal of Education (Routledge)
- Pedagogies: An International Journal (Erlbaum).
He is a senior editor of
- The International Encyclopedia of Education (Kluwer)
- The Handbook of Urban Education (Kluwer)
- and the Handbook of Curriculum (Sage).
Allan Luke’s published work focuses on
- language and literacy education
- discourse analysis
- curriculum theory
- educational sociology.
He is currently working on several projects, including
- classroom-based coding and observation systems
- new models of educational policy analysis
- development and commissioned work prototyping the relationships between state curriculum and equity.
- Pedagogy to the QUT Malay Masters cohort
- PhD supervision.
- Luke A, (2008) Using Bourdieu to make policy: mobilizing community capital and literacy, Pierre Bourdieu and Literacy Education p347-362
- Luke A, (2008) Introductory Essay, The SAGE Handbook of Curriculum and Instruction p145-150
- Albright J, Luke A, (2008) Introduction: renewing the cultural politics of literacy education, Pierre Bourdieu and Literacy Education p3-10
- Luke A, (2008) Pedagogy as gift, Pierre Bourdieu and Literacy Education p68-91
- Denng Z, Luke A, (2008) Subject matter: Defining and theorising school subjects, The SAGE Handbook of Curriculum and Instruction p66-90
- Luke A, (2007) Underneath Hypercapitalism, International Multilingual Research Journal p101-104
- Luke A, Luke C, Graham PW, (2007) Globalization, Corporatism and Critical Language Education, International Multilingual Research Journal p1-13
- Luke A, (2007) The body literate: Discourse and inscription in early literacy, Discourse Studies Volume IV p1-22
- Luke A, (2007) Urban Education Dystopia, 2050, International Handbook of Urban Education p1177-1182
- Luke A, Ismail M, (2007) Urban Education in Asia Pacific: Section Editors' Introduction, International Handbook of Urban Education p221-229
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.