- Mrs Pamela Lemcke
- Health Sessional Academic
Faculty of Health,
Faculty - Health,
Learning and Teaching
- Discipline *
- +61 7 3138 3830
- +61 7 3138 3814
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
Master of Nursing Leadership (Catholic Teach. Coll.), GradCert HigherEdn (Queensland University of Technology), BNurs (Queensland University of Technology)
- Professional memberships
Royal College of Nursing Australia
Pam has a keen interest in and ongoing involvement with the clinical education of undergraduate nursing students. She is also involved in the support and education of clinical facilitation/teaching staff who work with the students on clinical placement.
Pam has taken on the role of International Coordinator for Nursing where she assists international students to make the transition into the Australian Health Care system and university life at QUT. She also has an ongoing interest in the clinical area of pain management.
- 2009-2011: Promoting resilience and effective workplace functioning in international students enrolled in health courses, ALTC Competitive Grant
- 2006 -2009: Four state demonstration project to develop an evidence-based model to facilitate quality clinical placements in aged care, Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing.
Areas of teaching interest
- Clinical education in the undergraduate degree program.
- Education and support of clinical facilitators/teachers including skill development in relation to the supervision and support of international students in the clinical setting
- Pain and symptom management.