- Professor Bill Lane
- Clayton Utz Prof of Public Law
Faculty of Law,
- Senior Lecturer
Faculty of Law,
- Discipline *
- +61 7 3138 2004
- +61 7 3138 2121
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
LLM (The University of Melbourne), LLB (University of Sydney)
Law - administrative
Bill Lane is the Clayton Utz Professor of Public Law. He has previously taught law at La Trobe University, the University of Sydney Law School and the University of Queensland Law School.
Within the field of public law, his research interests focus on Administrative Law, in particular
- judicial review
- freedom of information
- the application of public law remedies in the field of commercial government activity.
As well as published chapters in books, articles and conference papers, he is
- joint author of Administrative Law in Australia 2007 (Thomson Lawbook Co)
- joint author of Administrative Law in Queensland 2001 (Thomson Lawbook Co)
- editor of Queensland Administrative Law Looseleaf Service (Thomson Lawbook Co)
- editor of the Queensland Administrative Reports (Thomson Lawbook Co).
As well as this, Professor Lane currently holds two Australian Research Council grants for examining the legal implications of establishing virtual information sharing networks for the protection of critical infrastructure and the legal issues associated with the adoption of data breach disclosure obligations.
Professor Lane is admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and Queensland. He has been a member of a number of Commonwealth tribunals and is currently a member of
- the Commonwealth APMAIFF
- the Queensland Non State Schools Accreditation Board (Qld.)
- the Australian Institute of Administrative Law.
- Judicial review
- Freedom of information
- Public law and commercial government activity.
Units currently taught
- Lane WB, Young S, (2007) Administrative Law p1-498
- Lane WB, (2007) The 'No Evidence' Rule, Australian Administrative Law p233-252
- Burdon M, Gonzalez Nieto JM, Christensen SA, Dawson EP, Duncan WD, Lane WB, (2007) Access Control in Federated Databases: How Legal Issues Shape Security, Lecture Notes in Computer Science p228-239
- Lane BB, (2005) Queensland Administrative Law
- Lane WB, (2004) Queensland Administrative Law
- Lane WB, (2002) Freedom of Information and Privacy Law, The Queensland Law Handbook p977-985
- Lane WB, (2002) The Judicial Review Act 1991 (Qld) - 'ADJR Act Mark II'?, Administrative Law: The Essentials p41-52
- Lane WB, (2002) Queensland Administrative Law
- Gilbert C, Lane W, (2001) Queensland Administrative Law
- Lane W, Young S, (2001) Administrative Law in Queensland
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.