- Dr Louise Kelly
QUT Business School,
Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations
- Discipline *
- +61 7 3138 4200
- +61 7 3138 1811
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Doctor of Philosophy (Queensland University of Technology), Master of Business (Queensland University of Technology)
- Professional memberships
- Member of the Australian and New Zealand Advertising Academy ANZAA
- Member of the American Advertising Academy AAA
Louise has combined a practitioner background in advertising, and studies in Marketing and Advertising to further her interest in new media and the consumption of media. As Subject Area Coordinator of the QUT Advertising and IMC program, her aim is to provide students with both an academic and industry perspective. Her research has included teenagers’ perspectives of advertising in online social networking sites, as well as advertising avoidance in the online social networking environment.
- Advertising in the online social networking environment
- Advertising to young consumers
- Media consumption behaviour
- Media planning.
Louise is currently working on a study of the perceptions of privacy on online social network sites and will be investigating user understanding and perceptions of appropriateness of the way personal information is used on these sites.
Future collaboration interests
Louise is keen to collaborate on research with other academics in disciplines other than advertising, e.g., joint marketing and advertising studies.
- 1999, 2000, 2002: Deans List.
- Media planning
- Advertising campaigns
- Consumer behaviour
- Advertising theory
- Contemporary advertising issues.
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.