- Dr HS Jin
- Senior Lecturer
QUT Business School,
Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations
- Discipline *
- +61 7 3138 2645
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Doctor of Philosophy (University of North Carolina)
Advertising, Integrated Marketing Communication, Consumer Behavior, Social Marketing
Dr Hyun Seung “HS” Jin (PhD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill) is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations at the QUT Business School. Prior to joining QUT, Dr Jin worked at Samsung Co. in Seoul, Korea and taught advertising at Kansas State University and marketing at the University of Missouri at Kansas City in the United States. Dr Jin has published articles in Journal of Advertising, Journal of Advertising Research, Psychology & Marketing, International Journal of Advertising, Health Marketing Quarterly, Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly, and others.
- Advertising/IMC: creativity in advertising; joint effects of IMC tools
- Consumer behaviour: memory interference; relative perceptions
- CRM (Cause Related Marketing): message framing
- Public health: mental health and stigma
- Scale development
- Consumer behaviour
Selected Journal Publications:
- Letheren, Kate, Brett Martin, and Hyun Seung Jin (in press), “Effects of Personification and Anthropomorphic Tendency on Destination Attitude and Travel Intentions,” Tourism Management.
- Sharifsamet, Seyedamir, Hyun Seung Jin, and Brett A. S. Martin (in press), “The Impact of Destination Personality on Destination Attitude: The Mediating Effects of Brand Trust,” Journal of Strategic Marketing.
- Martin, Brett A. S., Hyun Seung Jin, and Nhu Vi Trang (2017), “The Entitled Tourist: The Influence of Psychological Entitlement and Cultural Distance on Tourist Judgments in a Hotel Context,” Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 34 (1), 99-112.
- Jung, Jaemin, Sung Wook Shim, Hyun Seung Jin, and Hyoungkoo Khang (2016), “Factors Affecting Attitudes and Behavioral Intention toward Social Networking Advertising: A Case of Facebook Users in South Korea,” International Journal of Advertising, 35 (2), 248-265
- Jin, Hyun Seung (2015), “Antidepressant direct-to-consumer prescription drug advertising and public stigma of depression: The mediating role of perceived prevalence of depression,” International Journal of Advertising
- An, Soontae, Hyun Seung Jin, and Eun Hae Park (2014), “Children’s Advertising Literacy for Advergames: Perception of the Game as Advertising,” Journal of Advertising, 43 (1), 63-72.
- Jin, Hyun Seung and Richard J. Lutz (2013), “The Typicality and Accessibility of Consumer Attitudes toward Television Advertising: Implications for the Measurement of Attitudes toward Advertising-in-General,” Journal of Advertising, 42 (4), 343-357.
- Jin, Hyun Seung, Soontae An, and Todd Simon (2009), “Beliefs of and Attitudes toward Political Advertising: An Exploratory Investigation” Psychology and Marketing, 26 (6), 551-568
- Jin, Hyun Seung, Jaebeom Suh, and Todd Donavan (2008), “Salience Effects of Publicity on Advertised Brand Recall and Recognition,” Journal of Advertising, 37 (1), 43-55.
- Jin, Hyun Seung, Xinshu Zhao, and Soontae An (2006), “Examining Effects of Advertising Campaign Publicity in a Field Study,” Journal of Advertising Research, 46 (2), 172-182.
- Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching, Kansas State University, 2009
- Best Paper Award, American Marketing Association Summer Conference, 2005
- Best Paper Award, Association for Education in Journalism & Mass Communication, 2005
- Stamey Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award, Kansas State University, 2005
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.