- Professor John Humphrey
- Executive Dean
Faculty of Law,
Faculty Office (Law),
Law Dean - Office
- +61 7 3138 2227
- +61 7 3138 2789
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Bachelor of Laws (University of Queensland)
- Professional memberships
- Member, Australian Takeovers Panel, 2011 – 2014
- Member, International Firm Management Committee, King & Wood Mallesons, 2012 – 2013
- Deputy Chairman, King & Wood Mallesons, 2010 – 2012; 2002 – 2005
- Board Member, King & Wood Mallesons, 2009 – 2012; 2000 – 2005
- Chair, Firm Audit Committee, King & Wood Mallesons, 2010 – 2012; 2003 – 2005
- Chair, Board Strategy Committee, King & Wood Mallesons, 2010 -2012
- Member, Consultative Group advising the Commonwealth Task Force on the Simplification of Australia’s Corporate Laws, 1993 – 1996
- State President and National Vice President, Securities Institute of Australia, 1992 – 1996
Professor John Humphrey has over 30 years experience as a commercial lawyer and is a trusted advisor to many boards. In his role as Executive Dean of the Faculty of Law he is responsible for the development and leadership of the School of Law, School of Justice and Legal Practice Unit.
Prior to joining Queensland University of Technology in January 2013, Professor Humphrey was a Senior Partner at the leading law firm King & Wood Mallesons where he specialised in corporate mergers and acquisitions and general commercial work including equity capital markets. He was instrumental in negotiating the successful merger of Mallesons Stephen Jaques with the People’s Republic of China firm King & Wood in 2012.
Professor Humphrey is a Director of a number of listed public companies and a former member of the Australian Takeovers Panel.
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.