This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
- Dr Ivan Himawan
- Discipline *
- Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing, Information Systems, Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- +61 7 3138 9331
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
PhD (Queensland University of Technology), Bachelor of Electrical & Computer Engineering (Queensland University of Technology)
- Professional memberships
Ivan Himawan is a research fellow in the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
- microphone array processing
- speech enhancement and recognition
- speaker recognition
- 2010: PhD – Research Concentration in Speech, Audio, Image, and Video Technology – QUT.
- 2004: Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Computer Engineering) – QUT.
- Himawan I, Song W, Tjondronegoro DW, (2017) Impact of automatic region-of-interest coding on perceived quality in mobile video, Multimedia Tools and Applications p785-813
- Kanagasundaram A, Dean DB, Sridharan S, Fookes CB, Himawan I, (2016) Short utterance variance modelling and utterance partitioning for PLDA speaker verification, Proceedings of the 17th Annual Conference of the International Speech Communication Association (ISCA) p1835-1838
- Ghaemmaghami H, Rahman M, Himawan I, Dean DB, Kanagasundaram A, Sridharan S, Fookes CB, (2016) Speakers In The Wild (SITW): The QUT speaker recognition system, Proceedings of the 17th Annual Conference of the International Speech Communication Association (ISCA) p838-842
- Song W, Tjondronegoro DW, Himawan I, (2014) Acceptability-based QoE management for user-centric mobile video delivery: a field study evaluation, Proceedings of the 22nd ACM International Conference on Multimedia p267-276
- Himawan I, Zele AJ, Tjondronegoro DW, (2014) Adaptive bilateral filtering using saliency map for deblocking low bit rate videos, Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME) 2014 p1-6
- Wibowo M, Tjondronegoro DW, Zhang L, Himawan I, (2013) Heteroscedastic probabilistic linear discriminant analysis for manifold learning in video-based face recognition, Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE Workshop on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV) p46-52
- Himawan I, Song W, Tjondronegoro DW, (2012) Impact of region-of-interest video coding on perceived quality in mobile video, Proceedings of the 2012 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo p79-84
- Himawan I, McCowan IA, Sridharan S, (2011) Clustered blind beamforming from ad-hoc microphone arrays, IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing p661-676
- Himawan I, McCowan IA, Lincoln M, (2008) Microphone array beamforming approach to blind speech separation, Machine Learning for Multimodal Interaction p295-305
- McCowan IA, Lincoln M, Himawan I, (2008) Microphone array shape calibration in diffuse noise fields, IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing p666-670
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.
Awards and recognition
- Reference year
- Silver medal for Region-of-Interest-based Content Adaptation for Mobile Device Usage of Video Conferencing, Multimedia Grand Challenge 2010.