This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
- Dr Negareh Ghasemi
- +61 7 3138 4234
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
PhD(Electrical Engineering) (Queensland University of Technology), Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (Iran University of Science and Technology)
Power Electronics, Ultrasound System Excitation, Energy Harvesting
QUALIFICATIONS PhD – Electrical Engineering |2013 MSc – Electrical Engineering | 2007 BSc – Electrical Engineering- Electronics | 2003 CAREER HISTORY • Lecturer Queensland University of Technology 2013 – Present • Sessional Academic Queensland University of Technology 2011 – 2012 • Technical Engineer in Tendering Department Pars Sanat Parand Co., Tehran, Iran 2008 – 2009 • Substation Design Engineer & Electronic Devices/Computer Hardware Expert Tadbir Niroo Co., Tehran, Iran 2006 – 2008 • Technical Sales Engineer Pardazeshgaran Electronic Co., Tehran, Iran 2004 – 2006 PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), 2009- Present HONOUR AND AWARDS
- Outstanding Doctoral Thesis Award, 2013
Queensland University of Technology
- Postgraduate Research Award Scholarship, 2009
Queensland University of Technology
- Industry Engagement Award, 2005
Pardazeshgaran Electronic Co. EDITORSHIP IET Power Electronics Journal TEACHING EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS • Introduction to Design and Professional Practice (ENB245) • Power Systems and Machines (ENB340) • Electrical and Computer Engineering (ENB205) RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Power Electronics
- Application of Power Electronics in High Power Ultrasound Systems
- Energy Harvesting
- N. Ghasemi, F. Zare, A. A. Boora, A. Ghosh, C. Langton, F. Blaabjerg, “A Harmonic Elimination Technique for a Single-phase Multilevel Converter with Unequal DC Link Voltage Levels”. IET Transaction on Power Electronics, Vol. 5, No. 8, pp.1418-1429, 2012.
- P.Davari, N.Ghasemi, F.Zare, P.O’Shea, A.Ghosh,“Improving the Efficiency of High Power Piezoelectric Transducers for Industrial Applications”. IET Transaction on Science, Measurement & Technology, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 213-221, 2012.
- N. Ghasemi, F. Zare, C. Langton, A. Ghosh, “A New Unequal DC link Voltage Configuration for a Single Phase Multilevel Converter to Reduce Low Order Harmonics”. The 14th European Conference on Power Electronics and Applications, Birmingham, UK, 2011, pp. 1-9.
- N. Ghasemi, F. Zare, A. Ghosh, C. Langton, “A High Frequency Current Source Converter with Adjustable Magnitude to Drive High Power Piezoelectric Transducers”. The 15th European Conference on Power Electronics and Applications, IEEE, Serbia, 2012.
- N. Ghasemi, F. Zare, P. Davari, P. Weber, C. Langton, A. Ghosh, “Power Electronic Converters for High Power Ultrasound Transducers”. The 7th IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications, IEEE, Singapore, 2012.
- N. Ghasemi, “Improving ultrasound excitation systems using a flexible power supply with adjustable voltage and frequency to drive piezoelectric transducers”. PhD by Publication, Queensland University of Technology, 2013.
- P. Davari, N. Ghasemi, & F. Zare, “Power converters design and analysis for high power piezoelectric ultrasonic transducers”. The 16th European Conference on Power Electronics and Applications, IEEE, Finland, 2014.
- G. R. Walker, N. Ghasemi, M. A. H. Broadmeadow, & G. F. Ledwich, “A high cell count cascade full bridge converter for wide bandwidth ultrasonic transducer excitation”. IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition, Pittsburgh Convention Centre, USA, 2014.
- N. Ghasemi, G. R. Walker, M. A. H. Broadmeadow, “Real Time Maximum Power Conversion Tracking and Resonant Frequency Modification for High Power Piezoelectric Ultrasound Transducer”.The 11th IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics and Drive Systems, IEEE, Australia, 2015.
- Sh. Nick, G. Nourbakhsh, A. Ghosh, & N. Ghasemi, “A technique for analysing GOOSE packets when testing relays in an IEC 61850-8-1 environment”. South East Asia Protection and Automation Conference, CIGRE Australia, 2015.
- A. Narimani, G. Nourbakhsh, G.F. Ledwich, G.R. Walker, N. Ghasemi, “Financially Optimized Scheduling of Electric Energy Storage in Presence of Renewable Energy Resources”. The 6th international symposium on power electronics for distributed generation systems, Germany, 2015.
- M. Hussin 1, T. H.T. Chan 1, S. Fawzia, N. Ghasemi, “Finite Element Modelling of Lamb Wave Propagation in Prestress Concrete and Effect of the Prestress Force on the Wave’s Characteristic”. The 10th RMS Annual Bridge Conference, New South Wales, 2015.
- Introduction to Design and Professional Practice (ENB245)
- Power Systems and Machines (ENB340)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (ENB205)
- Lecturer (Feb 2013- on going)
- Technical Engineer in Tendering Department (Aug 2008- Dec 2008)
- Substation Design Engineer (Aug 2006- Aug 2008)
- Technical Sales Engineer (May 2004- Aug 2008)
- Ghasemi N, Zare F, Abbasalizadeh Boora A, Ghosh A, Langton CM, Blaabjerg F, (2012) Harmonic elimination technique for a single-phase multilevel converter with unequal DC link voltage levels, IET Power Electronics p1418-1429
- Ghasemi N, Zare F, Davari P, Weber P, Langton CM, Ghosh A, (2012) Power electronic converters for high power ultrasound transducers, Proceedings of the 7th IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications p647-652
- Davari P, Ghasemi N, Zare F, O'Shea PJ, Ghosh A, (2012) Improving the efficiency of high power piezoelectric transducers for industrial applications, IET Science, Measurement and Technology p213-221
- Walker GR, Ghasemi N, Broadmeadow MA, Ledwich GF, (2014) A high cell count cascade full bridge converter for wide bandwidth ultrasonic transducer excitation, Proceedings of the 2014 Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE) p2140-2146
- Narimani Zamanabadi A, Nourbakhsh G, Ledwich GF, Walker GR, Ghasemi N, (2015) Financially optimized scheduling of electric energy storage in presence of renewable energy resources, Proceedings of the IEEE 6th International Symposium on Power Electronics for Distributed Generation p731-735
- Ghasemi N, Walker GR, Broadmeadow MA, (2015) Real time maximum power conversion tracking and resonant frequency modification for high power piezoelectric ultrasound transducer, Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics and Drive Systems (PEDS 2015) p998-1001
- Ghasemi N, Zare F, Ghosh A, Langton CM, (2012) A high frequency current source converter with adjustable magnitude to drive high power piezoelectric transducers, Proceedings of the 15th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference p5.1-5.4
- Ghasemi N, Zare F, Langton CM, Ghosh A, (2011) A new unequal DC link voltage configuration for a single phase multilevel converter to reduce low order harmonics, Proceedings of the 2011 - 14th European Conference on Power Electronic and Applications (EPE 2011) p1-9
- Davari P, Ghasemi N, Zare F, (2014) Power converters design and analysis for high power piezoelectric ultrasonic transducers, Proceedings of the 16th Conference on Power Electronics and Applications, EPE'14-ECCE Europe p1-9
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.