- Professor Yanming Feng
Science and Engineering Faculty,
Electrical Engineering, Computer Science,
- Discipline *
- Geomatic Engineering, Communications Technologies
- +61 7 3138 1926
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
PhD in Engineering (Wuhan Tech University of Surveying and Mapping)
Dedicated Short-Range Communication, GPS meteorology, Geodesy, Global Navigation Satellite Systems, Navigation, Positioning, Satellite Orbit Determination, Wireless Positioning, spatial information
Research theme: Information
Research discipline: Computer Science
- Integrated wireless solutions for precise GNSS positioning services: Today, many different communication bearers exist, such as 3G cellular technology and Dedicated Short-range communications (DSRC), each one optimised for a specific set of applications. For GNSS RTK positioning services, no perfect communication technology exists for all types of mobile applications. The research seeks an integrated wireless solution for effective GNSS positioning services, based on Continuous Air-Interface for Long and Medium (CALM) standards.
- Vehicle to Vehicle Communications and Cooperative Positioning: Wireless communications and precise navigation are two core technologies for road safety. Dedicated short-range communications (DSRC) supports Vehicle to Vehicle (V2V), Vehicle to infrastructure (V2I) communications. This research focus on use of DSRC standards for precise relative positioning between vehicles and vehicles to roadside station using low cost GNSS receivers and other wireless devices onboard vehicles.
- GNSS satellite integrity monitoring: Failures could occur at system, operation and user levels of global satellite navigation systems (GNSS), especially for the new satellite systems to be launched in the next 5 years, such as Galileo, Compass and QZSS. This research will address the key technical challenges for ground based integrity determination system and how to make use of multiple satellite systems to detect the failures at the user ends.
- Tang M, Feng Y, (2008) Area-oriented reference station placement for network RTK, Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering - CSSE 2008 p919-922
- Feng Y, Rizos C, (2008) Geometry-based TCAR models and performance analysis, Observing our Changing Earth p645-653
- Feng Y, Wang J, (2008) GPS RTK performance characteristics and analysis, Journal of Global Positioning Systems p1-8
- Feng Y, (2008) GNSS three carrier ambiguity resolution using ionosphere-reduced virtual signals, Journal of Geodesy p847-862
- Feng Y, Rizos C, (2009) Network-based geometry-free three carrier ambiguity resolution and phase bias calibration, GPS Solutions p43-56
- Jin H, Feng Y, Li B, (2008) Road network extraction with new vectorization and pruning from high-resolution RS images, Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference Image and Vision Computing New Zealand, IVCNZ 2008 p1-6
- Feng Y, Li B, (2008) A benefit of multiple carrier GNSS Signals: regional scale network-based RTK with doubled inter-station distances, Journal of Spatial Science p135-147
- Tang M, Feng Y, Burnett LD, Hayward RF, Raymond KA, (2007) A Reference Station Placement Scheme in Deployment of Network Real-Time Kinematic Positioning Systems, International Global Navigation Satellite Systems Society - IGNSS Symposium 2007 p1-10
- Zheng Y, Feng Y, Moody MP, (2006) Regional GNSS Satellite Orbit Monitoring for Improved Near Real-Time Zenith Tropospheric Delay Estimation, Proceedings of the International Global Navigation Satellite Systems Society IGNSS Symposium 2006 p1-16
- Feng Y, Wang Y, (2006) A New Receiver Autonomous Integrity Monitoring Strategy for Multi-Fault Exclusion with GPS and Virtual Galileo Measurements, Proceedings of the International Global Navigation Satellite Systems Society IGNSS Symposium 2006 p1-17
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.
Completed supervisions (Doctorate)
- Generation of Network-Based Differential Corrections for Regional GNSS Services (2007)
- Single Antenna GPS Attitude Algorithm for Non-Uniform Antenna Gain Pattern (2007)
- Near-Real-Time GPS Sensing of Atmospheric Water Vapor (2005)
- Onboard Orbit Determination Using GPS Measurements for Low Earth Orbit Satellites (2005)