- Adjunct Associate Professor Dianne Eden
- Adjunct Associate Professor
Creative Industries Faculty,
School of Creative Practice,
- Visitor's position
Division of International and Development,
Alumni and Development Office,
Alumni and Development Office - Operations
- Discipline *
- Other Studies in Creative Arts and Writing
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
BA (University of Queensland)
Dianne Eden is currently the Senior Lecturer, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Acting (Drama Discipline) at QUT’s Creative Industries.
Dianne has many accomplishments including designated Linklater Voice Teacher (1985), ATCL, LTCL.
Post graduate study with
- Fran Bennett (California Institute of Arts)
- Patsy Rodenburg (Guild Hall, London)
- Cicely Berry (Royal Shakespeare Company).
She is a Master Text teacher, Shakespeare & Company, USA and a member of Australian Voice Association and the Voice and Speech Trainers’ of America (VASTA).
Dianne was Head of Acting at QUT from 1994-2007, and guest faculty member at Shakespeare & Company since 1985. She has been a regular guest Lecturer at American and Australian actor training schools schools, including
- National Institute of Dramatic Arts
- California Institute of Arts
- University of California and Los Angeles.
Dianne also works in the corporate area with Senior Management.
She was a professional actor in Brisbane and Sydney (stage and film and television), including Queensland Theatre Company and La Boite (13 years) and is currently focused on the design and implementation of the actor training curriculum, particularly how the language of voice, movement and acting make sense for the student actor.
Dianne recently delivered a paper about QUT’s actor training curriculum at the VASTA Conference in New York. Dianne is the Producer of QUT’s production season (stage and film), directs Shakespeare and teaches voice and text for actors.