- Mr James Duffy
Faculty of Law,
- Discipline *
- Other Law and Legal Studies, Law
- +61 7 3138 4446
- +61 7 3138 2121
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
LLM (QUT) (Queensland University of Technology), BCom/LLB(Hons) (University of Queensland)
James Duffy studied Commerce and Law at the University of Queensland, completing his studies in 2004. In 2005 James worked as an Associate to His Honour Judge Michael Shanahan DCJ and in 2006 worked as an Associate to His Honour Justice Glen Williams JA AO.
After working briefly in private practice, James commenced sessional teaching at both The University of Queensland Business School (Accounting & Corporate Finance) and the QUT School of Law.
James joined the QUT Faculty of Law as an Associate Lecturer in 2009 and completed his Masters of Law in 2011 and a Graduate Diploma of Psychology in 2017.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Non-Adversarial Justice
- Psychology and the Law
Units Currently Taught
- LLB101 Introduction to Law
- LLB103 Dispute Resolution
- LLB106 Criminal Law
- 2016 Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards Academic of the Year (finalist)
- 2013 LexisNexis ALTA National Award for Excellence and Innovation in the teaching of law
- 2017 Vice-Chancellors Awards for Excellence Nominee
- 2016 Vice-Chancellors Awards for Excellence Nominee
- 2017 Vice-Chancellor’s Performance Award
- 2012 Vice-Chancellor’s Performance Award
- 2011 Faculty of Law Teaching and Learning Award
- 2010 Faculty of Law Teaching and Learning Award
- 2008 Vice-Chancellor’s Performance Award
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.
- Representing effective communication and plain language in legal contexts: A critical discourse analysis
PhD, Associate Supervisor
Other supervisors: Adjunct Professor Rachael Field