- Adjunct Associate Professor Michael Docherty
- Adjunct Associate Professor
Science and Engineering Faculty,
Electrical Engineering, Computer Science,
Computer Human Interaction
- Discipline *
- Information Systems, Other Information and Computing Sciences, Library and Information Studies
- +61 7 3138 2515
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Master of Architecture (University of Queensland), Bachelor of Architecture (University of Adelaide)
Research theme: Information
Research discipline: Information Systems
Online Collaborative Design: This project is researching aspects of how people collaborate and reach consensus in domains that rely heavily on digital media assets, such as video, illustrations, and music.
Current funded projects include a pilot implementation of a system to store and manage creative student works from concept through to assessment. It will assist their peers and supervisors to provide feedback through collaborative annotations.
Interactive visualisation for communication and collaboration: The aim of this project is to develop a framework for integrating visualisation with unified communication and collaboration. The framework will facilitate continuous improvement initiatives, increases in individual productivity through IT enabled, collaborative work methods, improved training options and faster acceptance of new business processes.
- Docherty M, Sutton P, Brereton M, Kaplan SM, (2001) "An Innovative Design and Studio-based CS Degree", Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education Proceedings of the thirty-second SIGCSE technical symposium on Computer Science Education p233-237
- Docherty M, Brown A, (2001) 'Studio based teaching in Information Technology', Flexible Learning for a Flexible Future p213-219
- Stein SJ, Docherty M, HANNAM R, (2001) Making the processes of design explicit within an information technology environment., Australian Association for Research in Education
- Simpson M, Docherty M, Burmeister J, Knight AD, (2002) Digital News - Bringing Journalism to the Community, Proceedings 4th International Information Technology in Regional Areas Conference: Using IT: Make IT Happen p182-190
- Stein SJ, Docherty M, Hannam R, (2003) Making The Processes Of Designing Explicit Within An Information Technology Environment, International Journal of Technology and Design Education p145-170
- Woodbury R, Docherty M, Szeto H, (2004) The design and implementation of a repository for digital cultural artefacts, Journal of Information Technology in Construction p143-159
- Wyeld T, Carroll J, Gibbons C, Ledwich B, Leavy B, Hills J, Docherty M, (2007) Doing cultural heritage using the torque game engine: supporting indigenous storytelling in a 3D virtual environment, The International Journal of Architectural Computing p418-435
- Simpson M, Burmeister J, Docherty M, (2004) E-News: Community interaction through journalism, Using Community Informatics to Transform Regions p252-270
- Simpson M, Docherty M, Burmesiter J, Knight AD, (2002) Digital News - Bringing Journalism to the Community, Information Technology in Regional Areas
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.