- Dr Kenan Degirmenci
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow
QUT Business School,
- Discipline *
- Information Systems, Business and Management
- +61 7 3138 2663
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
PhD in Economics and Management (Leibniz Universitat Hannover), Diploma in Economics and Management (Leibniz Universitat Hannover)
- Professional memberships
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- AIS Special Interest Group on “Green IS” (SIGGreen)
Kenan Degirmenci is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow with a focus on information systems for environmental sustainability. He completed his doctoral studies at Leibniz University Hannover in Germany with a thesis on security, privacy, and environmental sustainability aspects of mobile information systems. At Queensland University of Technology, Kenan is working on an ARC Discovery Grant funded project entitled “Developing a Theory of Green Information Systems”. In this project, a design theory for green information systems is developed, the impact of green information systems on individual behaviours and decisions is examined, and normative guidelines are created for organizations seeking to become more environmentally sustainable.
- Degirmenci K, Breitner MH, (2017) Consumer purchase intentions for electric vehicles: Is green more important than price and range?, Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment p250-260
- Degirmenci K, Lapin S, Breitner MH, (2017) Critical success factors of carsharing and electric carsharing: findings from expert interviews in Continental Europe, International Journal of Automotive Technology and Management p294-315
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.