- Ms Belinda Davies
- Senior Lecturer
Faculty of Health,
School - Public Health and Social Work
- Discipline *
- Public Health and Health Services
- +61 7 3138 5790
- +61 7 3138 3369
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Master of Training and Development (University of Southern Qld), Master of Environment and Local Government Law (Macquarie University), Graduate Diploma of Environmental Management (Central Queensland University), Bachelor of Applied Science (Environmental Health) (Swinburne Institute of Technology)
- Professional memberships
Environmental Health Australia (EHA)
environmental health, environmental health workforce, food safety, environmental protection, environmental health management, environmental health law, public health law, environmental protection law, sustainability
Course coordinator: Graduate Diploma in Environmental Health (PU67)
- PUN363 Environmental Health Law
- PUN364 Food Safety
- PUN465 Environmental Protection
- PUN015 Environmental Management and Sustainability
- PUN620 Concepts of Environmental Health
- PUN466 Communicable Diseases
- PUN617 Health, Safety and Environment Leadership and Management
- Belinda has extensive environmental health experience, predominantly in local government (18 years), including several leadership/management positions. Belinda served on the board of Environmental Health Australia (Qld) Inc. from 2007-2015 and remains actively involved in various EHA programs and projects.
- 2012-2014: ‘Food safety compliance strategy – maximising impact by understanding the food business context’. Research partners: Australian Centre of Excellence in Local Government (ACELG), QUT, Logan City Council, Redland City Council, Sunshine Coast Council, Ipswich City Council and Environmental Health Australia (Qld) Inc. More information is available via http://www.acelg.org.au/foodsafety.
- 2012-current: PhD (part-time), ‘Maintaining competence in the dynamic environmental health profession’.
Consultancy and other work:
- 2013: Mapping of skills and knowledge for environmental health university course accreditation. Project team: Belinda Davies (QUT), Dr Zoe Murray (Griffith University), Ass.Prof. Anne Roiko (Griffith University). Report submitted to Environmental Health Australia Ltd (EHA).
- Training workshops on various environmental health topics.
- Helped establish the ‘Twinning Program’ between Environmental Health Australia (EHA) and the Zambian Institute of Environmental Health (ZIEH) which has resulted in donation of scientific equipment to Zambian Environmental Health Officers (EHOs), a Zambian Senior EHO undertaking a month-long twinning program in Queensland in 2016, and a team of Australian environmental health professionals undertaking a twinning program in Zambia in 2017 during which they led a series of professional development workshops for Zambian EHOs and exchanged knowledge with Zambian EHOs during field work.
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.