- Associate Professor Carol Dalglish
- Visitor's position
- Discipline *
- Business and Management
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
(Cranfield Institute of Technology)
- Professional memberships
Change management, International students, Leadership, Micro-Entrepreneurship, leadership development
Dr Carol Dalglish has taught, studied and consulted in Australia, England, South Africa, Europe and Asia. Her areas of expertise are leadership development, executive coaching, international issues in education and institutional development. She has published several books and many papers in these and related areas. Prior to joining QUT, Carol was a management consultant and held a number of senior management positions in the public sector in Australia and abroad.
Recent Executive Development
- QRail ‘Understanding Leadership’ 2006
- Understanding leadership (EMBA) 2006
- Leadership Development (EMBA) 2006
- Anglican workshop on Leadership
- Presentations on Australian business context at Rhodes University, South Africa
- Community seminar on leadership in Beira, Mozambique
- Presentation on Equity at Free State University, South Africa.
- Community presentation on entrepreneurship in Australia at Hamar in Norway.
Planned and Ongoing Research
- Currently writing a book with Peter Evans, based on primary research, on leadership in the Australian context.
- Currently writing a book on Teaching in the Global Business Classroom.
- Planned research with South African colleagues on African leadership
- Current and planned research with South African colleagues on micro- entrepreneurship
- Leadership development
- Executive coaching
- International education
- Cross-cultural teaching
- Institutional development
- Teaching Fellowship with Queensland University of Technology to research teaching international students, 2003
- University Award for Academic Contribution (Teaching), Queensland University of Technology, 2002
- QUT Faculty of Business Teaching Excellence Award, 2002
- QUT Faculty of Business Certificate of Excellence in Teaching, 2000
- Golden Key Award 1999
- Commonwealth Relations Trust Bursary to study Adult Education in Hong Kong 1981.
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.