- Ms Denise Conroy
- Visitor's position
QUT Business School,
- Discipline *
- Business and Management, Policy and Administration
- +61 7 3138 1344
- +61 7 3138 1313
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
MPubAdmin (University of Queensland), BA (University of Queensland)
Feasibility studies, Government - inter-governmental fiscal relations, Labour market reform/analysis, Management - program management & evaluation, Public policy & analysis, Public sector reform, Qualitative & quantitative analysis, research methods
Denise Conroy has been at QUT since 1977, has taught in undergraduate and postgraduate programs and has extensive experience in
- course design/redesign
- university governance (committees)
She has conducted 32 applied research projects for government and industry since 1977 involving sample design, questionnaire design, data analysis and compilation of reports – two of which involved Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
She has received 22 competitive grants over the last 15 years (including 3 ARC Large/Discovery and two ARC Linkage Grants) and has been the project manager in all but three of these. Denise has over 50 publications, submissions to inquiries and reports resulting from research and consultancy activities, is a member of many advisory committees and has held senior positions in several professional associations at State, National and International levels.
Prior to taking an academic position, Denise was a statistician with the Australian Bureau of Statistics, specialising in public finance and labour market areas. She also provides her experience (pro bono) in resource and budget management, writing grant proposals, and evaluation strategies to meet government funding requirements to many community organisations.
- Applied labour market studies
- Administrative history.
Major research projects undertaken include
- Women in management/women on boards (national)
- Women in the food processing industry, QLD
- Financing small businesses
- Market seller activity – S.E. QLD
- Employment and unemployment in the Sunshine Coast labour market
- Redefining the ageing workforce in local government
- Local government sustainability (sustainability audit).
- Public management/governance
- Public policy
- Program evaluation
- Government/business relations.
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.