- Dr Jacob Coetzee
- Snr Lecturer Electrical Engineering
Science and Engineering Faculty,
Electrical Engineering, Computer Science,
Vision and Signal Processing
- Discipline *
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- +61 7 3138 2865
- +61 7 3138 1469
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
PhD(Elec) (University of Pretoria)
- Professional memberships
Antenna arrays, Antennas, Microwave engineering, electromagnetics, microwave components
Jacob Coetzee was born in South Africa in 1964. He received the BEng, MEng a PhD degrees in from the University of Pretoria, South Africa in 1986, 1989 and 1994, respectively.
He was with the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Pretoria from 1994 to 1997 and the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore from 1998 to 2007. He joined the School of Engineering Systems, Queensland University of Technology in January 2008.
His research interest is in the field of electromagnetics and microwave engineering, specifically antenna design, antenna arrays, computational electromagnetics and passive microwave components.
Jacob currently teaches the following units:
ENB120 Electrical Energy and Measurements
ENB242 Introduction to Telecommunications
ENB343 Fields, Transmission and Propagation
ENB440 RF Techniques and Modern Applications
- Albannay M, Coetzee J, Tang X, Mouthaan K, (2012) Dual-frequency decoupling for two distinct antennas, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters p1315-1318
- Cabanes J, Lopez-Roldan J, Coetzee J, Darmann F, Tang TG, (2012) Analysis of electromagnetic forces in high voltage superconducting fault current limiters with saturated core, International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems p1087-1093
- Tang X, Mouthaan K, Coetzee J, (2012) Dual-band decoupling and matching network design for very closely spaced antennas, Proceedings of the 42nd European Microwave Conference p49-52
- Tang X, Mouthaan K, Coetzee J, (2012) Tunable decoupling and matching network for diversity enhancement of closely spaced antennas, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters p268-271
- Tang X, Mouthaan K, Coetzee J, (2011) Beam steering with high front-to-back ratio and high directivity on small platforms using decoupled antenna pairs, Proceedings of the Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference 2011 p1326-1329
- Coetzee JC, (2011) Dual-frequency decoupling networks for compact antenna arrays, International Journal of Microwave Science and Technology p1-3
- Coetzee JC, Yu Y, (2009) Design of decoupling networks for circulant symmetric antenna arrays, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters p291-294
- Coetzee JC, Yu Y, (2008) Port Decoupling for Small Arrays by Means of an Eigenmode Feed Network, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation p1587-1593
- Coetzee JC, Yu Y, (2008) Closed-form design equations for decoupling networks of small arrays, Electronics Letters p1441-1442
- Coetzee JC, Yu Y, (2008) New modal feed network for a compact monopole array with isolated ports, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation p3872-3875
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.