This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
- Dr Taizan Chan
- Discipline *
- Information Systems
- +61 7 3138 2533
- +61 7 3138 1214
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
PhD (National University of Singapore), M.Sc (Info. Systems & Com. Science) (National University of Singapore), B.Sc (Info. Systems & Com. Science) (National University of Singapore)
Research theme: Information
Research discipline: Information Systems
Development of lipid and carbohydrate conjugated T-cell receptor activation inhibitors. This project aims to develop a new class of peptide-based immune-modulating agents which has the potential to treat autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis. The conjugation of peptides with lipids and sugar units aims to enhance oral bioavailability.
Drug absorption studies using intestinal cell-based model or parallel artificial membrane permeability assay (PAMPA), aiming to predict oral drug absorption and investigate the absorption mechanisms by measuring the transcellular permeability across the Caco-2 intestinal cell monolayers or the non-cell based hydrophobic PAMPA membrane.
Teaching discipline: Information Systems
- Delaney P, Timbrell GT, Chan T, (2008) Developing a model of technology appropriation: A Marxian perspective, Proceedings of the 29th International Conference on Information Systems 2008 p1-18
- Delaney P, Timbrell GT, Chan T, (2008) A grounded study of information systems in anaesthesia, Proceedings of the Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems PACIS 2008 p1-11
- Chan T, (2008) Impact of programming and application-specific knowledge on maintenance effort: A hazard rate model, Proceedings of the 24th IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance (ICSM), 2008 p47-56
- Gable GG, Sedera D, Chan T, (2008) Re-conceptualising Information System Success: The IS-impact measurement model, Journal of the Association of Information Systems. p377-408
- Yap D, Timbrell GT, Gable GG, Chan T, (2007) Towards Global Service Quality Dimensions: An Exploration of Community in Service Quality Management Across Industries, Proceedings of the 18th Australasian Conference on Information Systems p266-276
- Tsvetinov P, Underwood BA, Chan T, (2006) Dominance and ranking issues applying interval techniques in pre-negotiations for services, Proceedings of the 2006 ACM Symposium on Applied Computing p887-888
- Timbrell GT, Delaney P, Chan T, Yue W, Gable GG, (2005) A Structurationist Review of Knowledge Management Theories, Proceedings of the Twenty-Sixth International Conference on Information Systems p247-259
- Chan T, Timbrell GT, Gable GG, (2005) Drivers of software and maintenance sourcing strategies: economic, psychological and social factors, Proceedings of the Ninth Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS 2005) p1-6
- Gable GG, Chan T, Tan W, (2003) Offsetting ERP Risk through Maintaining Standardised Application Software, Second-Wave Enterprise Resource Planning Systems - Implementing for Effectiveness p220-240
- Sedera D, Gable GG, Chan T, (2003) Measuring Enterprise Systems Success: A Preliminary Model, Proceedings of the 9th Americas Conference on Information Systems p476-485
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.
Completed supervisions (Doctorate)
- Pre-Negotiations for Services - a Decision Support Model (2007)
- Enterprise Systems Success: A Measurement Model (2006)
- Risk Management and Tacit Knowledge in IT Projects: Making the Implicit Explicit (2004)
- Management of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Maintenance and Upgrade: A Revelatory Case Study (2003)
- ERP Life Cycle Implementation, Management and Support: Major Issues with SAP Financials in Five Queensland Government Agencies (2002)