- Emeritus Professor Leo Carney
- Adjunct Professor
Faculty of Health,
School - Optometry and Vision Science
- Emeritus Professor
Human Resources Department,
HR Client Services
- Discipline *
- Optometry and Ophthalmology
- +61 7 3138 5733
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Doctor of Science (Queensland University of Technology), PhD (The University of Melbourne), MSc(Optom) (The University of Melbourne), BAppSc (The University of Melbourne), LOSc (The University of Melbourne)
Contact lenses, Eye research, Optometrists - clinical education for, Optometry
Leo Carney is Professor Emeritus at the School of Optometry, Queensland University of Technology.
- a graduate of the Department of Optometry at the University of Melbourne
- BAppSc (University of Melbourne)
- MSc (University of Melbourne)
- PhD (University of Melbourne)
- DSc (QUT)
- 1992-2007: Head of the School of Optometry
- served on the faculty at the University of Melbourne and the Ohio State University (Associate Dean)
His research has had as its aim the investigation of the physiological and optical evaluation of the anterior eye, and the effects of contact lens wear on the structures of the eye. He has published about 200 articles dealing with aspects of anterior eye physiology, contact lenses, and visual optics.
- Councillor of the International Society for Contact Lens Research
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry and of the Contact Lens Society of Australia.
- 2001: received the Max Schapero Memorial Award from the Cornea and Contact Lens Section of the American Academy of Optometry
- 2004: received the British Contact Lens Association Medal for outstanding achievement in the field of contact lenses
- recipient of the Hon. Bill Hayden AC Award from the Optometrists Association Australia (Queensland and Northern Territory Division).
- Contact Lenses
- Corneal Optics.
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.