- Dr Pamela Burrage
- Senior Lecturer
Science and Engineering Faculty,
Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Discipline *
- Numerical and Computational Mathematics, Applied Mathematics
- +61 7 3138 1130
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Doctor of Philosophy (University of Queensland), MA (1st class Hons) (University of Auckland)
Numerical Methods, Simulation Science, Mathematical Modelling, Visualisation, High Performance Computing, Computational Biology
Professional and Academic background
Dr Pamela Burrage received her PhD in Mathematics from the University of Queensland (UQ) in 1999, with the thesis “Runge-Kutta methods for Stochastic Differential Equations”.
After being a post-doctoral fellow at UQ in the departments of Mathematics and Civil Engineering, she became an Education/Research Fellow in the Queensland Parallel Supercomputing Foundation (QPSF) (2001 – 2006), developing educational materials and teaching in the areas of Visualisation and High Performance Computing.
A position as Senior Research Fellow at the Institute for Molecular Bioscience (UQ), 2007 – 2009, followed. This was with the QosCosGrid project, modeling and simulating in parallel (on a computational grid) the complex dynamical processes that take place on the plasma membrane of a cell.
She joined QUT as a Senior Lecturer in 2010 in the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, and from 2013 has been in the School of Mathematical Sciences.
According to Google Scholar (as at June 2017), Dr Burrage has 1464 citations with an h-index of 18 and an i10-index of 20.
Dr Burrage has research interests in
• Mathematical modeling and stochastic simulation (in particular the area of computational biology)
• Numerical solution of differential equations – the development and efficient implementation of numerical methods for stiff and non-stiff ordinary and stochastic differential equations
•Parallel implementations and Visualisation
• modelling and simulation science
• introductory engineering mathematics
Areas of expertise
• numerical solution of ordinary differential equations
• numerical solution of stochastic differential equations
• computational mathematics
- Simmons A, Burrage PM, Nicolau Jr. DV, Lakhani S, Burrage K, (2017) Environmental factors in breast cancer invasion: a mathematical modelling review, Pathology p172-180
- Psaltis S, Farrell TW, Burrage K, Burrage PM, McCabe PJ, Moroney TJ, Turner IW, Mazumder S, Bednarz TP, (2017) Using population of models to investigate and quantify gas production in a spatially heterogeneous coal seam gas field, Applied Mathematical Modelling p338-353
- Drovandi CC, Cusimano N, Psaltis S, Lawson BA, Pettitt TN, Burrage PM, Burrage K, (2016) Sampling methods for exploring between-subject variability in cardiac electrophysiology experiments, Journal of the Royal Society Interface p1-12
- Tian T, Burrage K, Burrage P, Carletti M, (2007) Stochastic delay differential equations for genetic regulatory networks, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics p696-707
- Burrage K, Tian T, Burrage P, (2004) A multi-scaled approach for simulating chemical reaction systems, Progress in Biophysics & Molecular Biology p217-234
- Burrage K, Burrage P, Tian T, (2004) Numerical methods for strong solutions of stochastic differential equations : an overview, Royal Society of London. Proceedings A. Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences p373-402
- Burrage P, Burrage K, (2003) A variable stepsize implementation for stochastic differential equations, SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing p848-864
- Burrage K, Burrage P, Mitsui T, (2000) Numerical solutions of stochastic differential equations - implementation and stability issues, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics p171-182
- Burrage K, Burrage P, (2000) Order conditions of stochastic Runge-Kutta methods by B-series, SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis p1626-1646
- Burrage K, Burrage P, (1996) High strong order explicit Runge-Kutta methods for stochastic ordinary differential equations, Applied Numerical Mathematics p81-101
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.
Completed supervisions (Doctorate)
- Fractional Models in Space for Diffusive Processes in Heterogeneous Media with Applications in Cell Motility and Electrical Signal Propagation (2015)