- Dr Sherrena Buckby
- Senior Lecturer
QUT Business School,
- Discipline *
- Accounting, Auditing and Accountability
- +61 7 3138 4324
- +61 7 3138 1812
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
PhD (Queensland University of Technology), MBusAcc (Queensland University of Technology), Graduate Diploma in Further Education and Training (University of Southern Qld), BBus (Queensland University of Technology)
- Professional memberships
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- ICAA Careers and Marketing Committee
Prior to employment at QUT, Sherrena held a number of positions within chartered accounting firms and mining companies. Sherrena is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and serves on their national Higher Education Advisory Committee. This role provides a strong link between the School and the accounting profession. Sherrena has extensive experience in blended learning and online teaching technologies and is the Subject Area Coordinator for the accountancy major within the Bachelor of Business degree program.
Research interests include:
- Forensics accounting professionalism
- Forensics graduate attributes
- Forensic expert witnesses processes
- Information technology governance
- Audit committees charters
- Risk management disclosures in publicly listed companies
- Computerised Accounting Systems
- Electronic Commerce Cycles
Sherrena has taught in the area of Computerised accounting and a number of units in the forensics minor/major over the last five years.
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.