- Dr Adrian Bridge
- Senior Lecturer Construction Econ.
Science and Engineering Faculty,
Civil Engineering and The Built Environment,
Construction and Project Management
- Discipline *
- +61 7 3138 1543
- +61 7 3138 1170
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
Doctor of Philosophy (Queensland University of Technology), MSc (University of Salford), BSc(Hons)
- Professional memberships
construction economics, construction procurement
Broad area of research: Infrastructure
Main areas of research
- building and infrastructure procurement
- structure-Conduct-Performance of construction markets
- transaction costs and transaction cost economics applied to construction activity
- resource-based theory applied to construction activity
- multinational contractors: Entry mode to new markets and overseas location decision.
- 2009 – 2011: $313,680 – ARC Linkage Grant (plus industry cash and in-kind contributions): Reforming the procurement of construction and financing of Australian Infrastructure: Advancing capacity, completion and investment. Professor Martin Skitmore (QUT); Prof ME Drew (Griffith University); Dr R Bianchi (Griffith University); Prof S Rowlinson (Hong Kong University); Mr M Jefferies (Newcastle University).
- 2000: Excellence in Quantity Surveying Education – The Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors.
- 1984 – 1988: The Building magazine prize; The Tarmac Construction prize; and RM Douglas Scholarship awarded for work completed in BSc(Hons) Quantity Surveying.
- 2007 – present: Senior Lecturer – QUT
- 1997 – 2006: Lecturer – QUT
- 1993 – 1996: Lecturer – University of Northampton (formerly Nene College
- 1995 Senior Quantity Surveyor – Johnston International Ltd, Cayman Islands
- 1991 – 1992: Senior Project Manager – Rose Project Services, Cheltenham, UK
- 1989 – 1991: Senior Quantity Surveyor – Nigel Rose and Partners, London
- 1988 – 1989: Quantity Surveyor – RM Douglas Construction Ltd, London
- 1986 – 1989: Trainee Quantity Surveyor – RM Douglas Construction Ltd, London.
- building and infrastructure procurement
- microeconomics applied to urban development
- building economics and design construction cost planning for property and building professionals
- quantity surveying practice and procedure
- research methods applied to built environment and engineering.
- Griffith University
- Hong Kong University
- Newcastle University.
- Teo PP, Bridge AJ, Jefferies MC, (2010) Delivering value for money in the procurement of public sector major infrastructure: a new first-order decision making model, Proceedings of 2010 International Conference on Construction & Real Estate Management Volume 1 p306-311
- Bridge AJ, Tiong RL, Wang S, (2010) Value for money: Procuring infrastructure, Sustainable Urban and Regional Infrastructure Development: Technologies, Applications and Management p295-309
- Rahman A, Bridge AJ, Rowlinson S, (2010) The determinants of multinational contractors' willingness to bid for Australian public sector major infrastructure projects: towards deploying the eclectic paradigm of internationalisation, Proceedings of 2010 International Conference on Construction & Real Estate Management Volume 1 p452-455
- Bridge AJ, (2008) Market structures in air conditioning maintenance activity, Proceedings of the 24th Annual ARCOM Conference p579-586
- Bridge AJ, (2007) Exchange Relationships in Building Services Maintenance Activity: A Test of Transaction Cost Economics and the Resource Dependency View, Proceedings of CME 25 Conference Construction Management and Economics Past, Present and Future p1-13
- Bolooki FN, Bridge AJ, (2007) The Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide): Applicability and Contribution to Project Success in Australia, Proceedings of 4th Annual Project Management Australia Conference p1-13
- Bridge AJ, Tisdell C, (2006) The Determinants of the Vertical Boundaries of the Construction Firm: Response, Construction Management and Economics p233-236
- Spaulding W, Bridge AJ, Skitmore M, (2005) The Use of Function Analysis as the Basis of Value Management in the Australian Construction Industry, Construction Management and Economics p723-731
- Bridge AJ, (2004) The Make-Or-Buy Decision in Relation to Mechanical Building Services Maintenance: A Test of an Integrated Framework of Vertical Integration, Proceedings of RICS COBRA 2004. The International Construction Conference. Responding to Change. p1-12
- Bridge AJ, Tisdell C, (2004) The Determinants of the Vertical Boundaries of the Construction Firm, Construction Management and Economics p807-825
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.