- Associate Professor Adrian Bridge
- Associate Professor in Project Management
Science and Engineering Faculty,
Civil Engineering and Built Environment,
Construction and Project Management
- Discipline *
- +61 7 3138 1543
- +61 7 3138 1170
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Doctor of Philosophy (Queensland University of Technology), MSc (University of Salford), BSc(Hons)
- Professional memberships
construction economics, construction procurement
Broad areas of research
- Infrastructure procurement (including Public-Private Partnerships, or PPPs/P3s)
- Transaction costs and Transaction Cost Economics
- Capabilities perspective (including Resource-Based Theory)
- Governance (including Commons Theory)
- Foreign Direct Investment and Eclectic Paradigm (including market selection and entry mode to new overseas locations)
- Real Options Theory
- Relationship between infrastructure procurement and finance
- 2017-20: AUD 2,356,713 Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage Grant (AUD 391,000 ARC cash; AUD 440,228 Government and Industry cash; and AUD 1,525,485 in-kind from 18 partners including Infrastructure Australia, 4 state treasury and finance departments; 6 mainland state and territory education departments; and 7 leading private sector organisations); “Innovative procurement theories to optimise education per cost of school (ARC Value in Operations: https://research.qut.edu.au/arcvio/)”; Project Leader (first-named Chief Investigator); Collaborators: Prof. Martin Skitmore (QUT); Prof. Jill Fanz (QUT); Associate Prof. Hilary Hughes (QUT); Associate Prof. Peter Verhoeven (QUT); Prof. Colin Duffield (The University of Melbourne); Dr Lihai Zhang (The University of Melbourne); Prof. Martin Loosemore (The University of New South Wales); and Associate Prof. Sidney Newton (The University of New South Wales).
- 2016-18: Cash and in-kind contributions from Infrastructure Australia and an Australian state government to live trial the new PPP Decision Model and produce guide for government users; Project Leader (first-named Chief Investigator); This model was developed and tested in the ARC Major Infrastructure Procurement included cited/endorsed by Australia’s Productivity Commission in their final report on public infrastructure in 2014 (next item below); cited in CIB TG72’s (2016) PPP Roadmap; and publications with Dr Pauline Teo.
- 2009-13: AUD 1,798,680 Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage Grant (AUD 313,680 ARC cash; AUD 255,000 Industry cash; and AUD 1,230,000 in-kind from 15 partners including all five Australian mainland state treasury departments and leading private sector organisations); Reforming the procurement of construction and financing of Australian Infrastructure: Advancing capacity, completion and investment (ARC Major Infrastructure Procurement); Final Report available at: http://eprints.qut.edu.au/76520/ and citation/endorsed by Australia’s Productivity Commission in their final report on public infrastructure in 2014, Page 461, Vol. 2 available at: http://www.pc.gov.au/inquiries/completed/infrastructure/report; Project Leader (first-named Chief Investigator); Collaborators: Prof. Martin Skitmore (QUT); Jason Gray (QUT); Prof. Steve Rowlinson (The University of Hong Kong), Prof. Ed Roca (School of Finance, Griffith University); Associate Prof. Robert Bianchi (School of Finance, Griffith University); and Dr Marcus Jefferies (The University of Newcastle).
- 2003:AUD 15,000 cash Queensland Government; Remaining useful life estimation project; Position: Co-investigator; Collaborators: CSIRO.
- 2003:AUD 15,000 cash Queensland Government; Revaluation project; Position: Co-investigator; Collaborators: CSIRO.
- 2012: The Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors: Infinite Value Awards nominee (for MBM Research Award).
- 2012: Queensland University of Technology: Vice-Chancellor Awards nominee (for research and industry engagement).
- 2008: Queensland University of Technology: University Outstanding Thesis Award nominee.
- 2016: Vice Chancellor’s performance Award (for leadership in learning and teaching).
- 2016: Australian Awards for University Teaching (AAUT): Identified as amongst QUT’s best teachers and invited to express an interest to qualify for QUT’s nominees to AAUT.
- 2015: Australian Awards for University Teaching (AAUT): Identified as amongst QUT’s best teachers and invited to express an interest to qualify for QUT’s nominees to AAUT.
- 2011: Queensland University of Technology: Higher Degree Research Supervisor of the Year nominee.
- 2000: The Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors. Excellence in Quantity Surveying Teaching and Education.
- infrastructure delivery
- microeconomics applied to urban development
- quantity surveying and cost engineering
- 2014 to date: Associate Professor – QUT
- 2007 – 2013: Senior Lecturer – QUT
- 1997 – 2006: Lecturer – QUT
- 1993 – 1996: Lecturer – University of Northampton
- 1995: Senior Contracts Administrator - Johnston International Ltd, Cayman Islands
- 1991 – 1992: Senior Project Manager – Rose Project Services, Cheltenham, UK
- 1989 – 1991: Senior Quantity Surveyor – Nigel Rose and Partners, London
- 1988 – 1989: Quantity Surveyor – RM Douglas Construction Ltd, London
- 1986 – 1987: Cadet Quantity Surveyor – RM Douglas Construction Ltd, London.
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.