- Dr Ivano Bongiovanni
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow
QUT Business School,
- Discipline *
- Business and Management
- +61 7 3138 5232
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
PhD (Queensland University of Technology)
- Professional memberships
Associate to the Australian Risk Policy Network (ARPI)
Ivano Bongiovanni is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow with the PwC Chair in Digital Economy at QUT.
Prior to joining QUT as a PhD student in 2012, Ivano worked in a variety of roles in public and private organisations. He started his career as a Police Officer in 2002, then joined the Organising Committee for the XX Olympic Winter Games Turin 2006 (Italy), where he held the position of Deputy Venue Security Manager at the games’ Main Media Centre, with appointments also at the Opening Ceremony, Closing Ceremony and Paralympic Games. After an internship at the United Nations’ Conference on Disarmament (Geneva, Switzerland) in 2008, Ivano worked as a Sessional Academic and Research Assistant at Bocconi University and SDA Bocconi School of Management in Milan (Italy) from 2009 to 2012.
In 2008, Ivano graduated summa cum laude with a double degree (MSc) in Economy and Management of Public Administrations and International Organisations (Bocconi University, Milan) and in International Security (Sciences Po, Paris). Ivano also holds a BSc in International Relations (Turin University). In 2005, he was an Erasmus student in Political Science at Sorbonne University (Paris IV).
- Strategic Management
- Risk Management
- Digital Economy
- Innovation management
At the undergraduate and graduate levels, Ivano teaches, or has taught, the following units:
- MGB341 Managing Risk (QUT Business School)
- MGB309 Strategic Management (QUT Business School)
- MGN423 Contemporary Strategic Analysis (QUT Business School)
- IFB101 Impact of IT (QUT Science and Engineering Faculty)
- CLAPI20210/8467 Management of International Institutions and NGOs (Bocconi University)
- CLAPI20180/8435 Public Strategy and Management (Bocconi University)
At the executive education level, Ivano teaches or has taught a broad range of subjects including: Digital Economy, Innovation Management, Change Management and Public Governance.