- Dr Alan Barnard
- Senior Lecturer
Faculty of Health,
School - Nursing
- IHBI Member
Institute of Health Biomedical Innovation (IHBI),
IHBI Health Projects,
IHBI Nursing - HHWB
- Discipline *
- +61 7 3138 3893
- +61 7 3138 3814
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
PhD (University of New England), MA (Macquarie University), BA (Macquarie University)
- Professional memberships
Peer review of teaching, Phenomenography, Interpretive qualitative research, Nursing & health care delivery, Technology and nursing practice
Dr Alan Barnard has qualifications in:
He has been involved in nursing for over 30 years and has extensive experience in:
- scholarly experience.
- patient-focused care
- qualitative research methodology
- teaching and learning.
His research has made a contribution to the development of health care and higher education with specific emphasis on:
- teaching an learning scholarship
- qualitative research
- understanding technology and nursing.
He has been the recipient of research funding and has extensive publications in peer reviewed journals, chapters in text books, and is the author of books.
He has supervised numerous PhD students to completion and is active in professional organisations, conferences and leadership roles.
- 2010 – 2011: A comprehensive evaluation of a hospital in nursing home program in three Queensland hospitals, Queensland Emergency Medicine Research Foundation.
- 2010: Validation of an emergency department child focussed injury assessment tool for risk of non-accidental injury, Queensland Health Nursing and Midwifery Research Grant.
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.