This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
- Dr Rene Bakker
- Discipline *
- Business and Management
- +61 7 3138 1163
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
PhD in Organization Studies (Tilburg University)
My research takes place at the intersection of Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship and studies the process and sequence of alliance formation and alliance termination, the timing of strategic decisions, and the management of temporary projects by entrepreneurial firms.
- ARC Linkage ($283,000) + cash support from industry ($100,000), to undertake a major longitudinal study of companies in the Australian Mining industry (2013-2016)
- Bakker, R.M., & Knoben, J. (2014). Built to Last or Meant to End: Intertemporal Choice in Strategic Alliance Portfolios. Organization Science, forthcoming.
- Sydow, J., Bakker, R.M., Schwab, A., & DeFillippi, R. (2014). Temporary Organizing: Time, Tensions, and Temporariness. Organization Studies, forthcoming.
- Bakker, R.M., Boros, S., Kenis, P. & Oerlemans, L.A.G. (2013). It’s only Temporary: Time Frame and the Dynamics of Creative Project Teams. British Journal of Management, 24(3): 383-397.
- Bakker, R. M., Cambré, B., Korlaar, L., & Raab, J. (2011). Managing the Project Learning Paradox: A Set-Theoretic Approach. International Journal of Project Management, 29(5): 494-503.
- Bakker, R.M. (2010). Taking stock of Temporary Organizational Forms: A Systematic Review and Research Agenda. International Journal of Management Reviews, 12(4): 466-486.