This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
- Dr Hossein Adibi
- Discipline *
- Other Studies in Human Society
- +61 7 3138 0296
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
PhD (United States International University), MA(SocSc) (University of Teheran), MA(Ed) (University of Teheran), BA(Hons) (University of Teheran)
Iranian diaspora, Iranian society & culture, Iranians in Australia, Iranians in Queensland, Muslims in Australia, Persian speaking countries, Sociology of Health and Illness, Sociology of Islam, Sociology of Migration, Urban Sociology
Hossein’s teaching spans a broad spectrum of experience commencing at Tehran University in 1972. He commenced his teaching at QUT in July 1995 and has taught and undertaken research at:
- Flinders University
- University of South Australia
- Harvard University.
- qualitative and quantitative research methodology
- international social work
- urban studies; population studies
- Iranian society
- Islam and Islamic societies
- migrants and refugees
- developing countries
- immigration and multiculturalism in Australia
- studies of health and illness.
- Adibi H, (2007) History, Middle East, International Encyclopedia of Men and Masculinities p287-291
- Adibi H, (2006) The Impact of Globalisation on the Identity of Iranians in Australia, Proceedings of the International Conference on the Iranian Identity p3-22
- Adibi H, (2006) Sociology of Masculinity in the Middle East, Social Change in the 21st Century 2006 Conference Proceedings p1-10
- Adibi H, (2003) How Iranians View Their Return Migration To Iran, Iran Encountering Globalization: Problems and Prospects p199-256
- Adibi H, (2003) Identity and Social Change, Social Change in the 21st Century 2003 Conference Refereed Proceedings p1-11
- Adibi H, (2001) Iranians, Multicultural Queensland 2001 p193-197
- Adibi H, (1999) Healthy Homes, Health Ecology: Health, Culture And Human-environment Interaction. p193-206
- Adibi H, (1999) Florence Nightingale and Indigenous Health, Individuals & Institutions in the History of Medicine p1-4
- Adibi H, (1998) Iranians in Australia, Mehregan in Sydney p103-130
- Adibi H, Pourreza A, (1998) Social and Structural Issues Surrounding Family Planning in Iran, Refashioning Sociology: Responses to a New World Order p448-454
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.